Air Squared Videos
We’re Making a Space Refrigerator for NASA
Air Squared has partnered with Purdue University and Whirlpool to develop a zero-gravity vapor-compression refrigerator for space-bound food storage.
The refrigerator uses a scroll compressor that doesn’t require lubrication and can be oriented in any direction, allowing for operation in space.
May 5, 2021
- Vapor Compression Cycle Scaling – Refrigerator Yardstick
- Developing a Space Refrigerator for NASA and Qualification Testing in Microgravity
- We’re Making a Space Refrigerator for NASA
- NASA Funds Parabolic Flight to Qualify Space Refrigerator
- Oil-Free Scroll Compressor for Space Refrigerator
- Development of Zero-Gravity Refrigeration System Continues
- Two-Stage Scroll Compressor for Vapor Compression Refrigeration
- Space-Bound Refrigeration System Development Funded by NASA