All-Metal Scroll Vacuum Pumps for Fusion Energy
Scroll Technology for Tritium Processing
The result of more than a decade of development, All-Metal Series™ scroll vacuum pumps from Air Squared are capable of pumping radioactive tritium up to 15 m3/hr.
In 2006, Air Squared demonstrated a first-generation tritium-compatible vacuum pump for Savannah River National Laboratory. In the years since, Air Squared has launched a third-generation 15 m3/hr all-metal scroll vacuum pump in limited production, prototyped designs that incorporate liquid-cooling, and continued development of a large-scale 150 m3/hr design for fusion energy systems.
Products for Tritium Processing
- 100% Oil-Free
- Non-contacting scroll configuration that requires no lubrication
- All-Metallic Wetted Materials
- No tip seals and only metallic wetted surfaces for compatibility with a wide range of working fluids
- Hermetically Sealed Design
- Sealed design and static sealing surfaces for positive containment and contamination-free operation
- High-Vacuum Performance
- Deep vacuum capability
- Reliable and Durable Solution
- Long product life and simple field maintenance
- Retrofit Legacy Tritium Pumps
- Drop-in replacement for aging Tritium vacuum pumps
Designed for Tritium Processing
All-Metal Series™ scroll vacuum pumps have only metallic wetted materials, allowing for compatibility with virtually any working fluid.
All-metal scroll technology allows oil-free scroll designs to be compatible with virtually any working fluid, even radioactive, toxic, or corrosive gases.
Design Experience Range
Product Line Coverage
News and Projects Spotlight
Liquid-Cooled, All-Metal Scroll Vacuum Pump Awarded Phase II Funding to Support Fusion Project
Air Squared will develop a first-of-its-kind large-scale, liquid-cooled, all-metal (LCAM) vacuum pump compatible with virtually any working fluid with Phase II SBIR funding from the Department of Energy (DOE).