Our Mission Statement
We Listen, Develop, and Manufacture Scroll Technologies that Enable our Clients’ Innovations
We’ve introduced oil-free scroll technology into more markets than any company.
- Accommodate unique specifications for unique applications
- A wide range of technical experience
We’ve developed more scroll designs and hold more oil-free scroll patents than any company.
- Prototype delivery in 4-6 months
- Over 250 successful custom scroll designs
- Large patent portfolio with over 19 patents or patents pending
We offer more oil-free scroll products than any company.
- Accommodate a broad range of quality and compliance requirements
Our Business Model
Air Squared derives value from a single core competency - oil-free scroll technology
We don’t focus on existing markets for scroll technology, we create our own.
- Be the market leader, not the follower
- Establish a diverse customer base that isn’t dependent on a single industry
We drive technology innovation with custom scroll design and development.
- Offer the most advanced oil-free solution available
- Adapt our technology for the requirements of tomorrow, not just today
We always sell direct and prioritize OEM markets that benefit from scroll technology.
- Offer cost-competitive oil-free solutions that can achieve price parity with traditional technology
- Demonstrate our technology can scale to any production volume
Sustainability at Air Squared
Our Commitment to the Enviroment
Sustainability and environmental protection are an integral part of our vision, identity, and business strategy. We are committed to conserving energy, reducing waste, and respecting environmentalconcerns throughout the design and manufacturing process.
To support this commitment, we have appointed a full-time Environmental and Safety Coordinated, and all Air Squared facilities are certified to the ISO 14001:2015 environmental management standard.
Over Thirty Years of Scroll Technology Experiance
Our company history not only highlights key milestones for Air Squared, but also the advancement of scroll technology itself.
Léon Creux awarded first scroll patent
Niels Young, John McCullough, and Robert Shaffer begin scroll compressor research at Arthur D. Little.
Robert Shaffer founds Air Squared, Inc. in Cincinnati, OH, with the goal of developing and licensing scroll technology in various market areas.
Air Squared is awarded its first patent for an improved tip seal design in an oil-free scroll compressor, beginning a culture of innovation that leads to over twenty scroll technology-related design patents by 2020.
Air Squared begins in-house scroll machining and receives ISO 9001:2008 certification.
A compact scroll compressor developed by Air Squared operates perfectly on the surface of Mars, helping convert carbon dioxide into oxygen as part of the Mars Oxygen In-Situ Resource Utilization Experiment onboard the Perseverance rover.
A Growing Global Footprint
The primary markets for oil-free scroll technology are among the fastest-growing in the U.S.
Ultra-quiet compact compressors and vacuum pumps for medical device
High-pressure liquid-cooled compressors for commercial EV air breaking
Highly engineered custom scroll solutions for zero-G environments
High-efficiency scroll designs for fuel cell and other clean energy applications