Air Squared Projects
Next-Generation Liquid Scroll Pump for Refrigerant Circulation
The L08H011A-BLDC-L-SH is a fourth-generation liquid scroll pump with improved efficiency and reliability.
Following more than twenty of years of micro-organic Rankine cycle (ORC) and waste energy recovery experience, Air Squared has completed development of the L08H011A-BLDC-L-SH liquid scroll pump for refrigerant circulation.
While early-generation liquid scroll pumps from Air Squared used an Oldham ring architecture, the fourth-generation L08H011A-BLDC-L-SH relies on an idler shaft configuration – a design approach commonly used by Air Squared in standard oil-free scroll air compressors. The idler shaft configuration provides increased flow across all pressure ratios and dramatically improves isentropic efficiency. Initial benchmarking demonstrated operation up to 40% more efficient than comparable recirculation pumps at nominal performance. The L08H011A-BLDC-L-SH also incorporates several features for improved reliability.
Designed specifically for micro-scale ORCs, the compact semi-hermetic design is compatible with most hydrofluorocarbon refrigerants and an ideal solution for mobile waste heat recovery engines.
- Working Fluid: R-245fa
- Nominal Flow Rate: 56 lpmv
- Mass Flow Rate: 86 g/s
- Suction Pressure: 400 kPa
- Discharge Pressure: 2,400 kPa
- Speed: 3,600 RPM
- Shaft Power: 355 W
- Volumetric Efficiency: 58%
- Isentropic Efficiency: 37%
- Volume Ratio: 1
- Displacement: 1.94 cm3 / Rev.
- Burst Pressure Rating: 28 bara
- Weight: 4.6 kg
- Dimensions: 240 mm x 130 mm x 130 mm
February 2, 2020
- Next-Generation Liquid Scroll Pump for Refrigerant Circulation
- Liquid Scroll Pump for Refrigerant Circulation and Waste Heat Recovery
- Plug and Play Micro-ORC White Paper
- Introducing the Plug and Play Micro-ORC
- ARPA-E Funds Novel CHP System to Power Greener Homes