Air Squared Projects
Liquid Scroll Pump for Refrigerant Circulation and Waste Heat Recovery
The L08H011A-BLDC-L-SH-OLD is a liquid scroll pump designed for circulating refrigerant in micro-organic Rankine cycles.
The L08 features a semi-hermetic Oldham ring architecture that allows for a compact footprint, compatibility with most hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) refrigerants, and mounting in any orientation. The liquid scroll pump is easily integrated into micro-distributed energy systems, mobile transportation waste heat recovery engines, or alternative liquid-handling applications.
- Working Fluid: Organic HFC Refrigerants
- Volume Ratio: 1
- Displacement: 1.94 cm3 / Rev.
- Nominal Flow Rate: 63 lpmv
- Max. Speed: 3,600 RPM
- Discharge Pressure: 24 bara
- Burst Pressure Rating: 28 bara
- Weight: 3.31 kg
- Dimensions: 180 mm x 108 mm x 108 mm
This material is based upon work supported by the ARPA-E GENSETS Program. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Energy or ARPA-E.
UPDATE (November 11th, 2019) – A third-generation L08H011A-BLDC-L-SH incorporating idler shafts for improved efficiency is being tested as of the GENSETS project and will be availble in 2020.
UPDATE (February 15th, 2020) – Air Squared has successfully completed a fourth-generation liquid scroll pump, the L08H011A-BLDC-L-SH. The design relies on a traditional idler shaft configuration – a design approach Air Squared commonly uses for standard oil-free scroll air compressors.
- Next-Generation Liquid Scroll Pump for Refrigerant Circulation
- Liquid Scroll Pump for Refrigerant Circulation and Waste Heat Recovery
- Plug and Play Micro-ORC White Paper
- Introducing the Plug and Play Micro-ORC
- ARPA-E Funds Novel CHP System to Power Greener Homes