Air Squared has an immediate opening for an ambitious Sales Engineer that can apply engineering experience to identify market opportunities and support potential customers with highly technical applications.
The Sales Engineer is a salesperson that understands and can apply engineering, as well as an engineer that understands how to sell technical solutions for engineered systems. The individual should be capable of successfully executing a wide-range of sales and engineering activities and comfortable with the high-pressure associated with a business critical position.
- Responding to general inquiries and RFQs, evaluating technical requirements, prospecting opportunities, and proposing creative solutions that match customer demands
- Sending quotations, processing POs, providing delivery updates, and managing various aspects of order processing and production operation
- Initiating RMAs, providing after-sales support, and communicating customer concerns with quality, engineering, and management
- Maintaining detailed customer records in CRM system and nurturing customer relationships with routine outreach and communication
- Managing qualification of new products, creating and maintaining sales documentation, and identifying critical product characteristics and features necessary for future revenue growth
- Researching potential markets for new and existing products and technology, identifying opportunities, conducting competitive analysis, and developing commercialization strategies
- Creating marketing copy for press releases, product announcements, video demonstrations, product literature, and other website and digital content
- Representing company in various marketing and sales activities, such as industry trade shows, conferences, sales site visits, and customer facility audits
- Preparing technical presentations that explain complex products and technology to current and prospective customers
- Writing detailed development proposals, assisting in contract negotiation, and managing various aspects of custom design projects
- Assisting Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and Chief Operating Officer in various responsibilities related to driving revenue growth
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Three to five years work experience in technical sales, mechanical engineering, or manufacturing engineering
- High-technical aptitude, exceptional interpersonal skills, and well-established written and verbal communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of quality management systems, manufacturing resource planning, and customer relationship management
- Willingness to travel as needed
- References from previous employers
- Authorized to work in the United States
To apply for this position, please submit an application, resume, and personal statement that explains your interest in the position and why you are a suitable candidate.